Overview of Personal Information
We collect personal information that you provide directly, information about how you use our products and services. We use this information to provide you with products and services, understand the way you use our products and services so we can improve and personalize your experience and to develop the our service and products for our customers. We also use personal information to provide customized advertising tailored to your interests.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with affiliate companies of WHEELive, as well as with companies that provide services on behalf of WHEELive. We may also share your personal information with trusted partner companies that provide you with products and services that you request and information about products and services you may be interested in. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies when it’s required by law or to protect WHEELive and its users.
What Information Do We Collect?
WHEELive collects your personal information in a variety of ways.
Information You Provide Directly:
Some products and services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- When you create an account or profile with us, we may ask for information such as your name, date of birth, or email address.
- If you order a product from us, we may ask for your name, address, contact information, and shipping and payment information to process your order.
- To provide responses when you contact Customer Service, we may need information to identify and authenticate your identify and the product you’re inquiring about.
- When you communicate with our Customer Service staff or others, your communications will be transmitted through our systems.
- If you share your contacts, we will collect their phone numbers and other contact information to facilitate file sharing and messaging. You can also turn off or restrict these features.
Third Party Analytics
Through certain Services, we may collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected products over time across products, apps and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services on the services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services help us to analyze your use of the services and improve the services. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the services, help administer the services and diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, such as information requested as part of registering a WHEELive account. In some cases, this may limit your ability to use some services. We will do our best to explain these limitations when we’re asking for your information so you can make an informed decision.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To help you register for our services;
- To provide a service or feature you request;
- To provide customized content and personalized services based on your past activities on our services;
- To provide customized advertising, promotions, and offers that might interest you on our websites, third-party websites, and online platforms such as social media sites;
- To provide promotions and offers by way of direct marketing communications, only where you have given us your separate consent;
- To analyze our products and services to help us better understand our customers in order to offer the most relevant communications, services, and experiences to you;
- To ask you for your opinions on our products and services and to carry out customer surveys, with your separate consent if required;
- To administer contests, lucky draws, redemptions or similar promotions that you enter into, where you have given us your separate consent;
- To comply with the law and legal processes;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of WHEELive, or any of our affiliates, business partners, or customers; and
- Otherwise with your consent.
We use and combine the information we collect about you from our services, products, or other sources to provide you with a better experience.
WHEELive processes personal information for the purposes described above. WHEELive’s legal basis to process personal information includes processing:
- So that we can keep our promises to you, such as providing you with a Service
- To promote our business interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and improve your customer service experience), including communications on our website, third party websites, and online platforms
- To comply with the law and legal processes
- With your consent (for example, to send direct marketing communications). If you give consent, you can always withdraw your consent by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication or by changing your settings for specific Services or when we give you a just-in-time notice, or by visiting relevant webpages. Please note that unsubscribing from receiving marketing communications from a product or service may not stop all of the ads (including customized ads) provided by WHEELive. You may continue to receive ads from WHEELive if you have consented to receiving them from other products or services.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We will disclose your information internally within our business, but only to those who need it to further provide services or to help with your requests.
We will also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to provide our Services:
- Affiliates: Other WHEELive sister companies which we control or own. Affiliates may also include other companies related by common ownership or control, such as J3Buy and J3Jam.
- Business Partners: Partners who we work together with to provide you the services you’ve requested or bought. For example, we may work with a bank so that you can use one of our services to make faster and more efficient payments. These business partners control and manage your personal information.
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with repairs, customer contact centers, redemption centers, customer care activities, customer event organizers, advertising (including customized advertising on our websites, third-party websites, or online platforms), conducting customer satisfaction surveys, or billing, or that send emails on our behalf, performing data analytics, or operating data management platforms. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- Other Parties when Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services: For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
We take data protection seriously. We have put in place physical and technical safeguards to keep the information we collect secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
Where Do We Send Your Data?
Your use of our services will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information within and outside the United State of America, consistent with this policy, including, without limitation, countries in the European Economic Area, the Republic of Korea, the United States of America, China, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Canada, the Philippines, and Japan. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
What Are Your Rights?
Your personal information belongs to you. You can ask us to provide details about what we’ve collected, and you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies. If permitted by law, we may charge you a small fee for providing you with this ability. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
To make a request concerning your rights or to make an inquiry, contact us from [email protected].
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, but in no case longer than ten (10) years. This means that information will be anonymized, destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
- At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a Service;
- As required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
- Only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
What Third-Party Services Do We Use?
If you choose to connect the services with a social networking service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in, as well as other information that you allow us to receive. Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a product used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
Cookies, Beacons & Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone, or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your product to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you sign in to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they’re spending on the pages. Studying this information helps us to adapt the services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you’ve seen so you don’t get the same ad each time you access a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties to provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Your product operating system may contain additional cookie controls. Note that some services are designed to work using cookies, so disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those services or certain parts of them.