how to diagnose and repair broken hoverboard

This how-to generally works with most self balancing electric scooter smart wheel / hoverboard / mini segway

many issues arose due to some cables went loose or got  disconnected inside the control unit of the hoverboard

so what caused that? Vibration from riding or shabby workmanship from the factory that assembled hoverboard in a hurry and didn’t do extensive testing / QC.

usually it’s an easy DIY fix, which can save you a lot of headache and hassle trying to get a replacement.

B1

the scooter has 3 circuit boards, one big main board and 2 co-board.

B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 B7 B8

other light indication:

6 times at once: battery problem. try to replace a new battery.

7 times at once: battery side co-board problem. try to replace the co-board.

8 times at once: power button side co-board problem. try to replace the co-board.

how to reset the mini smart scooter (hover board)

how to replace (change) circuit board for smart wheel scooter, hover board, mini segway

67 thoughts on “how to diagnose and repair broken hoverboard

1. Lynet says:

Hi can you please help me my hoverboard power buttom beeps when you touched but it does not turn on or off the hoberboard I always have to use key key? What can I do please help me?

2. Lynet says:

3. Lynet says:

4. Laura says:

Good afternoon. I wanted to ask for a mistake that mark me the scooter. I am locked with the lights on front, faulted the indicator of battery and the green indicator corculum, and it does not work. The system is blocked.
    What I do to fix it.
    Thanks a lot.
    Laura.

5. Laura says:

What I do to fix it.
    Thanks a lot.
    Laura.

6. Laura says:

What I do to fix it.
    Thanks a lot.
    Laura.

7. Bob says:

I want to use the wheel from a H-board for my own design. I just want to use direct DC power to the 3 cables. How can I get it to run
    by “fooling” the control cable?
    Thank you.
    Bob

8. Bob says:

by “fooling” the control cable?
    Thank you.
    Bob

9. Bob says:

by “fooling” the control cable?
    Thank you.
    Bob

10. Zahra Alibhai says:

Hi can you please help me my hoverboard power buttom beeps touched but it does not turn on or off .I always have to use key key. What can I do please help me?

11. Zahra Alibhai says:

12. Zahra Alibhai says:

13. Fred says:

My hooverboard won’t start which I think the circuit board is fried. I opened it today and saw a small burnt spot. Any recommendation on where to buy a circuit board. I can change it myself from watching your videos.

Thanks,
    Fred

14. Fred says:

Thanks,
    Fred

15. Fred says:

Thanks,
    Fred

16. Pingback: 两轮自平衡扭扭车/漂移车的故障分析以及解决方法 _ Wheelive唯轮网

17. Pingback: 两轮自平衡扭扭车/漂移车的故障分析以及解决方法 _ Wheelive唯轮网

18. Pingback: 两轮自平衡扭扭车/漂移车的故障分析以及解决方法 _ Wheelive唯轮网

19. Nicola says:

My step daughters 10in wheel base swegway is getting stiff in the middle, she’s struggling to turn because it’s so stiff, can we oil it? Is it safe to oil it?